As a recipient of federal financial assistance, Reaching Wholeness, LLC does not exclude, deny benefits to, or otherwise discriminate against any person on the grounds of race, color, or national origin, or on the basis of disability or age in admission to, participation in, or receipt of the services and benefits of any of its programs and activities or in employment therein, whether carried out by Karmel Mayo directly or through a contractor or any other entity with whom Reaching Wholeness, LLC arranges to carry out its programs and activities. This statement is in accordance with the provisions of Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, Section 1557 of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act of 2010, and Regulations of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services issued pursuant to the Acts, Title 45 Code of Federal Regulations Part 80, 84, and 91. (Other Federal Laws and Regulations provide similar protection against discrimination on grounds of sex and creed.) In case of questions concerning this policy, or in the event of a desire to file a complaint alleging violations of the above, please contact: Reaching Wholeness, LLC, Karmel Mayo, LPC, (205) 202- 0383 or .
Procedure for communicating information to persons with sensory impairments
Reaching Wholeness, LLC will take such steps as are necessary to ensure that qualified persons with disabilities, including those with impaired sensory or speaking skills, receive effective notice concerning benefits or services or written material concerning waivers of rights or consent to treatment. Reaching Wholeness, LLC will work to provide services needed on a case by case basis according to each client’s individual needs. All aids needed to provide this notice are provided at the lowest cost possible for person(s) being served. Please contact Karmel Mayo, Reaching Wholeness, LLC, for accommodations needed at Email: or Phone: (205) 202 - 0383.
Procedure for communication with persons of limited english proficiency policy
It is the policy of Reaching Wholeness, LLC to provide communication aids (at the lowest cost possible for the person(s) being served) to Limited English Proficient (LEP) persons, including current and prospective patients, clients, family members, interested persons, et al., to ensure them a meaningful opportunity to apply for, receive or participate in, or benefit from the services offered. The procedures outlined below will reasonably ensure that information about services, benefits, consent forms, waivers of rights, financial obligations, etc., is communicated to LEP persons in a language which they understand. Also, they will provide for an effective exchange of information between staff/employees and patients/clients and/or families while services are being provided.
- The Reaching Wholeness, LLC will designate Karmel Mayo, LPC to be responsible for implementing methods of effective communication with LEP persons.
- Karmel Mayo, LPC will:
- Maintain and routinely update a list of all bilingual persons, organizations, and staff • members who are available to provide bilingual services, and
- Develop written instructions on how to gain access to these services, i.e., contact persons, telephone numbers, addresses, languages available, hours available, fees and conditions under which the person(s) are available.
- In order to ensure effective communication and to protect the confidentiality of the client information and privacy, the client will be informed that the services of a qualified interpreter are available to him/her at no additional charge. Only after having been so informed, the client may choose to rely on a family member or friend in a particular situation. The choice of the client and presence of an interpreter will be documented after every visit.
ATTACHMENT C SECTION 504 NOTICE OF PROGRAM ACCESSIBILITY
The regulation implementing Section 504 requires that an agency/provider "shall adopt and implement procedures to ensure that interested persons, including persons with impaired vision or hearing, can obtain information as to the existence and location of services, activities, and facilities that are accessible to and usable by disabled persons." (45 C.F.R. §84.22(f)).
Reaching Wholeness, LLC and all of its programs and activities are accessible to and usable by disabled persons, including persons with impaired hearing and vision.
Access features include:
- Convenient off-street parking designated specifically for disabled persons.
- Curb cuts and ramps between parking areas and buildings.
- Level access into first floor level with elevator access to all other floors.
- Fully accessible offices, meeting rooms, bathrooms, public waiting areas, cafeteria, patient treatment areas, including examining rooms and patient wards.
- Assistive and communication aids will be provided to persons with impaired hearing, vision, speech, or manual skills, as needed at lowest cost possible and will be determined on a case by case basis. If you require any of the aids listed above, please contact Karmel Mayo, Reaching Wholeness, LLC, for accommodations needed at Email: or Phone: (205) 202 - 0383.