Procedure for communicating information to persons with sensory impairments
Procedure for communication with persons of limited english proficiency policy
It is the policy of Reaching Wholeness, LLC to provide communication aids (at the lowest cost possible for the person(s) being served) to Limited English Proficient (LEP) persons, including current and prospective patients, clients, family members, interested persons, et al., to ensure them a meaningful opportunity to apply for, receive or participate in, or benefit from the services offered. The procedures outlined below will reasonably ensure that information about services, benefits, consent forms, waivers of rights, financial obligations, etc., is communicated to LEP persons in a language which they understand. Also, they will provide for an effective exchange of information between staff/employees and patients/clients and/or families while services are being provided.
- The Reaching Wholeness, LLC will designate Karmel Mayo, LPC to be responsible for implementing methods of effective communication with LEP persons.
- Karmel Mayo, LPC will:
- Maintain and routinely update a list of all bilingual persons, organizations, and staff • members who are available to provide bilingual services, and
- Develop written instructions on how to gain access to these services, i.e., contact persons, telephone numbers, addresses, languages available, hours available, fees and conditions under which the person(s) are available.
- In order to ensure effective communication and to protect the confidentiality of the client information and privacy, the client will be informed that the services of a qualified interpreter are available to him/her at no additional charge. Only after having been so informed, the client may choose to rely on a family member or friend in a particular situation. The choice of the client and presence of an interpreter will be documented after every visit.
ATTACHMENT C SECTION 504 NOTICE OF PROGRAM ACCESSIBILITY
The regulation implementing Section 504 requires that an agency/provider "shall adopt and implement procedures to ensure that interested persons, including persons with impaired vision or hearing, can obtain information as to the existence and location of services, activities, and facilities that are accessible to and usable by disabled persons." (45 C.F.R. §84.22(f)).
Reaching Wholeness, LLC and all of its programs and activities are accessible to and usable by disabled persons, including persons with impaired hearing and vision.
Access features include:
- Convenient off-street parking designated specifically for disabled persons.
- Curb cuts and ramps between parking areas and buildings.
- Level access into first floor level with elevator access to all other floors.
- Fully accessible offices, meeting rooms, bathrooms, public waiting areas, cafeteria, patient treatment areas, including examining rooms and patient wards.